11615 Chadburn Ln • Charlotte, NC • 28215
PHONE (218) 310-7437 • E-MAIL email@example.com
20 years developer experience; 11 years Windows and Linux web and database server experience; 10 year WordPress experience;
20 years customer service experience; 10 years project coordination and implementation experience;
EXPERIENCE Field Service Technician, CompuCom Systems, Lowe’s Account – 2019 – 2020
- Provide on site tech support for 8 retail locations throughout eastern Charlotte in a high stakes environment where downtime can mean a loss of revenue.
- Work one on one with users to ensure equipment like desktops, thin clients, and POS terminals are maintained and working well.
- Tend to network infrastructure including routers, POE switches, WAPs, backup power, and cat6/fiber cabling.
- Effectively manage my time and resources to handle incident tickets, ongoing projects, and technical emergencies.
- Supervised an assistant to ensure projects were completed on time while meeting strict quality expectations
Freelance Tech Support – 2016 – 2019
- Provided clients in-person and remote tech support services including consulting, desktop support, and website development while being a stay-at-home dad.
- Maintained and created drsl.org for a non-profit soccer league using WordPress, Event Espresso, and Stripe to increase their efficiency by allowing secure online payments and more effective league management.
- Completed personal passion projects such as developing Alexa skills, low-cost PCs with the Raspberry Pi and Android X86, and Cloud Computing with AWS Workspaces.
- Remained current with IT trends by preparing for CompTIA Network+ and Server+ certifications and listening to weekly podcasts like RunAs Radio and Windows Weekly.
District IT Supervisor – Minnesota Judicial Branch – 2015 – 2016
- Managed a team of four Network Technicians. Duties included performing annual evaluations, coaching on technical and non-technical subjects, and providing general oversight and support.
- Participated in state-wide migration to Microsoft SCCM to increase technician productivity, decrease end users’ downtime, and help Management better track computers and IT resources.
- Used HyperV to virtualize a dozen physical servers in order to centralize, simplify and standardize the IT environment. This directly resulted in increased efficiency and reliability while greatly reducing hardware refresh costs.
- Served as IT lead for a state-wide judicial conference. Duties included: setup and management of 60 laptops for training sessions, management of a team of 8 technicians providing on-site support, and quick response and development of solutions to unforeseen issues.
- Advocated for and helped to implement thin client hardware with an existing VMWare environment for all public access terminals. This resulted in increased data security, lower hardware costs, and increased technician efficiency.
- Demonstrated a commitment to security by Implementing an industry standard backup plan using Commvault, training end users on common phishing and malware attacks, and performing penetration testing with tools like Shodan, Nessus, and Superscan.
- Forecasted and managed budgets, met with stakeholders to plan and review IT needs, and managed vendors to ensure the prudent use of public funds.
Network Specialist – Minnesota Judicial Branch, 6th District – 2013 – 2015
- Upgraded, streamlined, and standardized network infrastructure by working with multiple departments to plan, purchase, and install new backend network equipment including network closets, cabling, and switches.
- Planned and coordinated a district-wide iPad rollout to all court administrators and judges by researching current options and best practices; comparing and testing available options; forecasting budgetary and user needs; and creating written, recorded, and in-person training modules accessible to a wide range of users.
- Helped roll out district-wide WiFi for public users, semi-secure partners, and securely managed court hardware by developing needs, performing site surveys, installing Cisco WAPs, creating technical and user documentation, and on going management through Cisco WLC.
- Implemented a change management plan to migrate over 100 desktop printers to a few centrally managed multifunction devices to cut costs, increase efficiency, and move towards a paperless organization. Worked to ensure users were on board, had little to no downtime, and understood the benefits.
IT Support Specialist – Algonquin College – 2005 – 2013
- Supported 500 PCs and 250 Macs on a day-to-day basis as part of a team of three technicians.
- Deployed and maintained a mix of server platforms including Windows, Mac and Linux for user accounts, file shares, applications and databases.
- Increased significantly the efficiency of computer lab maintenance through tools like Norton Ghost, Multicast networking, Windows PE, PXE Boot, TFTP, and Faronics DeepFreeze.
- Received “The Support Staff Team Award 2010” for outstanding service and support to the student body.
EDUCATION Associates Degree, Computer System Technician
Algonquin College, Ottawa, ON Canada
Certificate, Interactive Multimedia
Algonquin College, Ottawa, ON Canada
11615 Chadburn Ln • Charlotte, NC • 28215 • PHONE (218) 310-7437 • E-MAIL firstname.lastname@example.org